10 Things you probably didn’t know about Cayman Islands but should
The Cayman Islands are an Overseas British Territory located on the Western Caribbean Sea. The country is made up of 3 islands namely; Cayman Brac, Little Cayman, and Grand Cayman. The islands are especially popular with businessmen and corporate travellers. Find out below why you should pay attention too.
- If you love gambling, forget Caymans. There are no casinos here.
- You will drive on the left...if you will drive at all.
- People think the 7 mile beach is called so because of its length...it is actually 5.5 miles long.
- After Hong Kong, New York, Tokyo and London, the Grand Cayman comes next as the biggest financial center in the world.
- There is actually a town called Hell in the Caymans...you will probably want to find out why.
- If you love recreational diving, then you would not have come to a better destination. There are 365 diving spots in the Caymans, one for each day.
- The capital of the Caymans is known as Bodden. It derived its name from the large number of residents whose last name was Bodden.
- During winter in the Caymans, there is actually a lot of sunshine. The best time to visit is from December to April.
- Observe your dress code. The residents here are more British than the Britons. They are conservative dressers and will sneer upon poor taste in dressing.
- There is no nation that maintains an embassy or consulate in the Caymans. This is why it is a tax haven
There you have it. Visit the Caymans on business, or, for pleasure or for both. You are bound to have fun.