5 farmers markets you need to check out in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is easily the 'Sin City' of Europe. It is comparable only to Las Vegas in US. It is therefore no wonder pleasure-seekers and businessmen have a soft spot for this Dutch capital. If you are in the city, you have already realized how expensive it is to eat out. If you are yet to travel, then today is your lucky day. You will learn how to save on your food budget. Listed below are the top farmers markets in Amsterdam. You are well advised to get your groceries there.
1. Amsterdam Downtown Farmers Market - This market is located at Roosevelt Apartments, Division Street. It is open on Thursdays 9AM to 1PM, from June 16th to October 29th
2. Amsterdam Sanford Stud Farm Farmers Market - This is located at Sanford Stud Farms-Route 30N. It is open from May 20th to October 28th every Wednesday starting from 3PM to 6PM.
3. Boerenmarkt on Noordermarkt - This is a market within a market with the latter being a flea market. It is set next to the Noorderkerk in the Jordaan. The market is open throughout the year on Saturdays from 9AM to 5PM
4. Nieuwmarket - This is located in the Old City Center and is opened year-round on Saturdays from 9AM to 5PM.
5. Albert Cuyp Market - Located in in De Pijp neighborhood, this market is the place where you can get almost anything that is sold in the Netherlands. It is open year-round From Monday to Saturday 9AM to 5PM.
Among the farmers produce that you can buy here include; flowers, fruits, meats, spices, fish, chocolate, cheese, etc. Make your life in Amsterdam more interesting by haggling your way through the above markets.